Events and Classes
Street Chaplaincy 101
July 23 — The Rev. Sarah Monroe, priest and missioner at Chaplains on the Harbor will preach at both services. During coffee hour Rev. Sarah, Aaron Scott (COH organizer), and Levi Hunt (COH community leader) will lead a Street Chaplaincy 101 training.
COH began as a small-scale street hospitality project in
Aberdeen, with Rev. Sarah and a backpack full of sandwiches. In the three years since our launch, COH has:
- set up free food programs five days per week around Grays Harbor County
- supported homeless leaders as they organized tent cities in Aberdeen, Hoquiam and Westport
- opened a community center in Westport
- established a thriving jail ministry
- developed a popular education program, "The School of Hard Knocks"
- hosted human rights leaders from Ferguson, NYC, Philly and diverse communities around the US to break the isolation faced by rural poor leaders
- begun creating dignified jobs for our young leaders with criminal records and a history of homelessness
Big things start small! Come learn how to connect with your unhoused neighbors and see where the Spirit moves.
Wednesdays — Rector’s Aid meets weekly on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m. in Wilson Hall. Pack a sack lunch and join a fun and industrious group in creative sewing projects: blankets, purses, tea towels and more.
Thursdays — You are invited to come sing in the Chancel Choir. No previous experience necessary—all are welcome! Rehearsals are held Thursday evenings, 7:30–9:30 pm.